- installation of permanent survey control marks along the length of the section.
- the undertaking of surveys to establish Map Grid of Australia coordinates on the control marks.
- the survey of the existing track running face on the curves and parts of the straights.
- the track re-design to enable the track class specification whilst minimising the amount of lateral track "pulls".
- the placement of sufficient track construction marks (TCMs) at each curve to allow the tamping crews to "pull" the track to the design geometry.
Survey work commenced in February 2015 with final project document delivery in August 2015.