Yanco to Griffith Railway
Survey work commenced in October 2014 with final project delivery in December 2014.
The work to complete the project comprised of :
- installation of permanent survey control marks along the length of the section.
- the undertaking of surveys to establish Map Grid of Australia coordinates on the control marks.
- the survey of the existing track running face on the curves and parts of the straights.
- the track re-design to enable the track class specification whilst minimising the amount of lateral track "pulls".
- the placement of sufficient track construction marks (TCMs) at each curve to allow the tamping crews to "pull" the track to the design geometry.
Join our mailing list